Grilled Crispy Chicken Breast, Also Known As Bacon Ranch Chicken, Is A Delicious Creamy Dish With Cheese And Bacon. Incredibly, Crack Chicken is also low in carbs and ketones!
4 slices thick cut bacon, diced
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (1-pound, total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
FOR THE RANCH CREAM CHEESE
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, white or yellow – I use a little of both
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 4– ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- chopped fresh parsley
- sliced green scallions
- Remove from oven.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Return skillet to heat and add vegetable oil to the remaining bacon fat.
- Remove bacon from skillet and set aside. DON’T discard bacon fat.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the chicken breasts.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, and chives; mix until thoroughly combined. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. *You can also just stir in 1 tablespoon of store-bought ranch seasoning.
- Add chicken breasts to the hot oil – you may have to do this in batches if skillet isn’t big enough – and cook chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove chicken breasts from skillet and arrange in previously prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- Garnish with remaining bacon, fresh parsley, and scallions.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in diced bacon; cook until crispy.
- Flip over the chicken breasts, add butter, and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Pound chicken breasts to a 1/4-inch thickness and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Take half of the bacon and add on top of the cream cheese.
- Top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Spread to coat the surface of each chicken breast.
- Calories: 492kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 570mg
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 35g
- Cholesterol: 155mg