There is no better excuse than Valentine’s Day to bake and eat some delicious sweet pastries and chocolates! Fudgy Valentine cake with heart-shaped frosting is one of the best bites, the size of a bite, with the finest creamy cheese. It is perfect for Valentine’s Day!
- 2 ½ ounces unsweetened chocolate
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. espresso powder
Cream Cheese Heart Frosting:
- 4 ounces of Philly cream cheese, softened
- 2–3 cups powdered sugar (depending on desired sweetness)
- ½ cup of unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
- Red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 160° C (325° F)
- Prepare a large metal baking pan by placing foil inside. I recommend spraying the foil with nonstick spray.
- Stir the butter and chocolate together in a large saucepan over low heat. Once the chocolate has melted, remove it from the heat.
- Add sugar and eggs one at a time, making sure to mix and whisk throughout.
- Add the vanilla, salt and espresso powder. Continue to mix and whisk.
- Sift the flour over the mixture and stir. Make sure it’s well blended as otherwise the brownies will be clumpy.
- Pour the batter over the metal baking pan. Place in the oven.
- Approximate backing time of the brownies is 20 minutes. Continue to check as they can burn from one moment to the next. The top should look dry and the mixture should have risen to twice its original size. Poke the brownies with a stick – if the stick is a little moist, and the top of the brownies is dry, then you’re good to go! Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Once cooled, use a small round cookie cutter to make the circular brownies.