These homemade chocolate bars make for the cutest DIY Valentine’s Day gifts – complete with easy homemade wrappings.
- 1 waffle cone + sprinkles
- A handful of freeze dried strawberries and blueberries
- 3 strips candied bacon + sea salt
- 5 mint Oreo cookies
- 4 chocolate molds
- 15 oz your choice of chocolate
- To make the candied bacon, preheat your oven to 350F and place three strips on a cooling rack over a baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops with brown sugar and bake for 15 minutes. Flip, sprinkle more sugar, and bake for another 15 minutes. Let them cool completely before chopping and adding to the chocolate.
- Place a heat-proof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Melt all of your chocolate then remove the pot from the heat with the bowl still on top. You’ll want to keep it over the pot so the chocolate doesn’t start to harden.
- Wipe down the bottom of your bowl as there will be some condensation on there. You don’t want that to drip into your molds. Pour the chocolate into the molds and level with an offset spatula.
- Top each chocolate bar with the designated ingredients. Let them sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes then carefully transfer to the fridge. They should harden within 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove them from their molds and wrap. These instructions are listed above. Enjoy!